Friday, October 3, 2008

Great Googely

A continuing series of articles in which i wet myself over everything that is Google.

About one month ago my phone broke. I had it for just over a year (like days over) and I was suddenly left with the problem of having to buy a new phone that I really didn't have the money for all because the damn select button on my cell phone stopped working. That button, I would come to realize, controls everything. I could no longer text, check my call log, access my phone book or even make a phone call. Since it was just a year over my contract their was nothing to be done except buy a new phone. What phone will I get? What could I afford? What the hell I am I gonna do?! All those thoughts screamed through my head and then finally the clouds cleared and I saw this:





That's right once again Google has come out to save my ass. Last year I switched over to T-Mobile from Sprint and now I am glad I did. The problem with paying for it was eliminated. T-mobile allowed me to pre-purchase it for $0. They just add the cost of the phone to my bill and that wont even be added until the phone is actually shipped. That would be around November before I need to cough up the $300 dollars for it. That's easy. 




Why does this phone excite me so much? Well its not quite as pretty as an iphone, but in my mind the rest of its features out does the iphone. How? Its the iphone without rules. The G1 is using the new android operating system developed by the open handset alliance. This alliance of technology and mobile companies (including Google) was set to make software that can work without boundaries. You wont need one phone company (like AT&T) to use certain features. They will be available to any phone running the android operating system. Big whoop I am sure your saying, but you have to use your imagination. For instance what if someone built a program that you could download that would allow you to use the phone's camera to read a bar code and automatically find better prices online or for stores your already near? That's impressive technology and its real:





That's amazing and its just the start. The future will be amazing and Google is their on the forefront helping to free technology for everyone and for making technology better and better. I will see you in one month with another report on this phone when its in my hand and my pants have dried.



P.S. Happy Birthday Mom.

1 comment:

jtrain said...

ok I have t-mobile. it looks pretty damn cool. Order me one as well. Does it do Mp3 and all that fun stuff? I will have to look it up!